Hey what about the GL View ports problem.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Oct 22 12:37:00 CDT 2006

Am Freitag 20 Oktober 2006 20:03 schrieb Philip V. Neves:
> I'm starting to see that unless we whine and complain in Bugzilla that
> nothing gets done on this issue.  So I'm comming on to the wine
> developers group to complain. This is a bug that is long and
> contentious. Its preventing a large number of perfectly good apps to be
> used.  Wonder when if ever you people plan on working on it. I mean
> really no wonder the people testing are annoyed.
Be assured, whining gets you nowhere, in the worst case developers are even
less likely to fix the bugs, or they loose time for writing angry mails back!
The only way to be sure something gets fixed is to do it yourself ;-) or to
pay someone to fix it(No guarantee that someone accepts the offer though)

There is work done on this issue. The biggest Problem is that we need a glx
extension to inject a clip list into the X server. For the viewport placement
problem a patch was posted here 2 or 3 weeks ago for testing. This patch
addressed only the placement of the viewport, but not the clipping. What you
can do is to test it with your application and report how it works. (Sorry, I
don't have the archive link handy)