Run-time error 445

David Anderson davea42 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 23 12:34:03 CDT 2006

An app (apparently Visual Basic) fails with
Run-time error '445'
Object doesn't support this action

in a message box.   I click OK (the only choice) and the app dies.

A winedbg breakpoint on MessageBoxA
does not trigger.    On one occasion I got a breakpoint to work
and a traceback and the traceback ended in MSVBVM60 .   But  by
yesterday I don't seem
to be able to get it to stop in a useful breakpoint (meaning one that had
anything to do with the problem).  Break)nFirstChance is 0 as
if it's 1 there are sooo many stops and so little progress...

Anyone with a clue about this? I'd appreciate any hints.
Thanks.