use wine as screensaver for x

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Tue Oct 24 16:40:32 CDT 2006

On Mo, 2006-10-23 at 11:11 -0700, Mike Hearn wrote:

> The way I did it was just to redirect the first created window, but again,
> it was hacky. Hopefully you can find a better way.

I dropped the explorer-idea and patched only winex11.drv:

After XSCREENSAVER_WINDOW was detected on DllMain/PROCESS_ATTACH,
I validated lpszClassName from CREATESTRUCTA (in X11DRV_CreateWindow),
set a new flag in x11drv_win_data and modified create_whole_window /
destroy_whole_window.

That was ok for fullscreen, but it need more work (and a wrapper) for
the Preview-Case ("wine screensavername.scr /p hWnd")
With "/s" for the preview in "xscrennsaver-demo", the graphic is to
large.

--

By by ... Detlef