WGL: wglGetProcAddress

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Thu Oct 26 05:57:29 CDT 2006

> Hi Roderick,
>
> > This patch reimplements opengl32's wglGetProcAddress. The endresult is
> > a more reliable function which doesn't directly call X functions.
>
> I have tested this patch against current GIT and still i dont get any of
> my games running. one thing i tried - as i assumed maybe there is a
> circular dependency - was commenting out the call of
>
> dlls/opengl32/wgl.c - void internal_glGetIntegerv:
>   wine_wgl.p_wglGetIntegerv(pname, params);

There's no circular dependency. The function internal_glGetIntegerv uses a function wglGetIntegerv from the display driver. The display driver in the end uses glGetIntegerv but it doesn't link against opengl32.

> and then at least racer [1] seem to work. yet the folloing games crash
> quite in the beginning.
>
> - IL2 Sturmovik/Pacific Fighters
> - NASCAR 2003 (GTP Mod)
> - Grand Prix Legends
> - Operation Hellfile (Wintersonne) Demo [2]
>
> I have applied your patch and did a make clean to have not to bother
> with ignored dependencies and did after the make install a removal of
> the opengl32.dll in the win-dir and a wineprefixcreate. have i missed
> anything? i tested against nvidia drivers 87XX and 9626 and d3d apps and
> native opengl apps are running fine.

Could you also try some other demos like Warcraft3 it is one of the demos I tested.

Regards,
Roderick