Adding L"" defines to include files ?

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 1 02:43:40 CDT 2006

Hi,

I'm currently dealing with the DllRegister part of wintrust. One of it's
include files (softpub.h) on Windows has:

#define SP_POLICY_PROVIDER_DLL_NAME L"WINTRUST.DLL"
#define SP_INIT_FUNCTION            L"SoftpubInitialize"
#define SP_OBJTRUST_FUNCTION        L"SoftpubLoadMessage"
#define SP_SIGTRUST_FUNCTION        L"SoftpubLoadSignature"
#define SP_CHKCERT_FUNCTION         L"SoftpubCheckCert"
#define SP_FINALPOLICY_FUNCTION     L"SoftpubAuthenticode"
#define SP_CLEANUPPOLICY_FUNCTION   L"SoftpubCleanup"

should we do the same?

I've seen several occurrences of these in our own include files, so one
should think there is no harm.

Cheers,

Paul.