How to use a windows dll in linux

mesmith.18885136 at bloglines.com mesmith.18885136 at bloglines.com
Fri Sep 1 22:24:21 CDT 2006

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I have been working on the Winelib approach
suggested by Jeremy. As my first step I wanted to get a windows console application
to compile and run anyway.

I now have an executable that runs and calls
functions in the windows dll, but it does not work correctly. If I run it
with winedbg it gives me a backtrace with errors coming from deep inside the
dll. I assume there is some problem with the arguments going to the function
that serves as the entry to the dll. Is there a way to find out what is getting
passed to the dll and/or debugging inside the dll (without source code)?

Thanks,

Mark