LPGL functions in Reactos that are stub in Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 4 14:05:08 CDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> Well, Dmitry and Mike, this sound very probable, but have you any proof of
> "all ReactOS code audit process being fake" ?

The audit went awfully quickly, for one thing,
and it was done without a neutral third party.
Wine's been doing its own audit with the help of
the Software Freedom Law Center.  If ReactOS
worked with those folks, we'd trust the audit
results more.

> I very well believe some parts of their code may be dirty, but then please
> pinpoint this.  Otherwise you sound like sentencing ReactOS to death even
> w/o taking a precise look at it :(

I'm afraid it's the other way around at this
point - the burden of proof is on ReactOS to show
that their code is clean :-(

> IMHO the dirty parts are to be moved or are already moved to the TinyKRNL
> project, no?

I wouldn't know about that.

Until ReactOS has been given a clean bill of
health by an outside auditor, ReactOS developers
are fairly restricted in how they can help Wine;
posting bug reports against Wine may be about the
best they can do.
- Dan