LPGL functions in Reactos that are stub in Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 4 14:41:34 CDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Julien <julienc at psychologie-fr.org> wrote:
> Sorry Mike but from an external point of view your argument sounds like
> ideology:
> 1) I dont understand why someone contributing to ReactOS would have
> his/her code rejected in all cases. Contributing to ReactOS does not
> necessary means the code is "dirty" reverse engineering.
>
> 2) The author stressed he did not develop this code by any reverse
> engineering.

The thing is, we just don't trust the ReactOS
folks at the moment.  Perhaps if they can get
the SFLC to bless their audit, we could trust them
again.

The stakes are pretty high;
if we include code, and it's later shown to be
tainted, the whole project could be endangered.
We can get along pretty well without any code
from ReactOS, so we probably should.  Risking
the project for the sake of getting a few functions
just doesn't seem worth it.

We're very happy to let ReactOS use Wine code,
though, there's no problem with that.
- Dan