LPGL functions in Reactos that are stub in Wine

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 4 15:56:17 CDT 2006

On 9/4/06, Saulius Krasuckas <saulius2 at ar.fi.lt> wrote:
> BTW, can results of Wine's own audit process be seen somewhere on the web?

Good question.  I don't know the answer, but I'll see if I can find one.

> It would be nice to know at least what speed was Wine project audited and
> when did it happen?  How did it influence Wine code size?

Here's a timeline of sorts:
in Feb 2005, Wine started thinking about these issues and about
contacting the SFLC:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2005-February/033437.html
By May 2005, Wine was indeed getting involved with the SFLC:
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=274#News:%20Software%20Freedom%20Law%20Center
In April 2006, there was an announcement about an audit already underway:
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=310#Software%20Freedom%20Law%20Center%20Update
I doubt the audit is completed yet (these things are asymptotic; you
can get to 90%
complete a lot faster than 99% complete, etc.).
So it's taken Wine something like 16 months so far.

Hope that helps.
- Dan