LPGL functions in Reactos that are stub in Wine

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Sep 6 05:23:55 CDT 2006

"jimtabor" <jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Julien wrote:
>
>>/ I was very interested in comparing the implementation status of reactos
> />/ and wine. So I coded a little python script to list all the api that are
> />/ implemented in reactos AND are only stub in wine. Attached to this mail
> />/ is the list of identified functions.
> />/
> />/ One may note that most of these functions are in the setupapi dll. This
> />/ is particularly interesting as the setupapi code is LGPL-licenced in
> />/ Reactos (and was already part of the audit).
> /
> Code that originates in ReactOS will generally not be accepted into Wine
> due to that project's acceptance of developers that participate in
> "dirty" reverse engineering (ie. translating assembly code to C).
>
> Please don't submit code from ReactOS to wine-patches.
>
> Mike
>
> Hi Mike,
> Please do not post things like this.

We would stop sending things like the one above, and simply quote
messages from the ros-devel's "Bye bye" thread, but unfortunately
that's no more possible: the whole thread has been very carefully
censored to remove any "questionable" parts. If you want a respectful
attitude, respect yourself and restore all the removed parts including
original message which led to the whole discussion.

--
Dmitry.