WGL patches cause problems with RBR and LFS

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Wed Sep 6 11:26:17 CDT 2006

hiho

i am currently running Mike's (?) mmbranch git version of wine and
beside some games are working without problems (or at least no new
problems) Richard Burns Rally and Live For Speed quit instantly with the
more or less same message, that there are no valid display modes
available.

using git-bisect i can at least tell, that before Rodericks WGL patches
everything was ok - then came at least one patch that broke compilation
for me and at some pointer later it does compile but no longer work (so
its hard to pinpoint the exact patch, that cause the regression).

would someone - preferably Roderick - point me in a direction, what
traces are needed to look into this? beside that for both games there
are demos out there. i am running the games in desktop mode (non desktop
does helps nothing); LFS with UseGLSL and RBR not.

--
cu