Symbol demangling and the games crashing

Vijay Kiran Kamuju infyquest at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 12:38:04 CDT 2006

Hi,

In the bug reports I have seen that we are facing problems with symbol
demangling of '_R' operators and 'Y' datatypes.

err:msvcrt:symbol_demangle Unknown operator: _R
and
err:msvcrt:demangle_datatype Unknown type Y

Escpecially for games StarTrek Armada and Gothic.
If anyone is intersted in symbol demangling stuff(msvcrt), here is an
excellent guide for definition of symbols, etc :
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tokigun/article/vcmangle.html
I will try to come up with a basic patch for that.
I dont mind, If someone beats me to it.

Thanks,
VJ