ALSA implementation

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 12 15:06:21 CDT 2006

Aaron Slunt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I talked on #winehq in irc about how horribly alsa is implemented
> right now. I was told that winmm would need a complete re-write and
> the dsound needs some changes as well.

the rewrite we're talking about is dealing with putting most of the
drivers in a single DLL, and abstracting a bit the implementation of the
interface
but it will not modify the core of the ALSA implementation, nor any
issues related with current code

> My question is: anybody here who's familiar with all of the changes
> that need to be made to get alsa working properly?

if it doesn't work in a satisfactory manner for you, then you should fix it
A+