*RESEND* wininet: Make CheckInternetConnection behave like Windows does

Daniel Skorka daniel.skorka at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 14 08:14:05 CDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 02:34:51PM +0200, Hans Leidekker wrote:
> Like Mike McCormack suggested in the bug report, UNIX connect() does
> not deal with a proxy. It would be nice if you could confirm that
> CheckInternetConnection on Windows ignores a configured proxy,
> especially since you seem to have access to such a configuration.

If you take closer look at the comments, I have already done that. The
box that was used for the second test was completely configured and set
up for the network, yet it didn't use the proxy. AFAIK, there also is no
central place to configure a proxy in Windows, only app-specific
settings like in IE or Firefox.

regards,
Daniel