Already Error while installing MS Office 2003

Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov ploujj at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 07:42:39 CDT 2006

> Just think about the goal, users don't interst the coding quality of the sourcecode, they just want to run their windows apps on linux.

It might not be evident right away, but the fact is that the quality
of the code directly affects the usability of the resulting program.
You might think that writing hacky code to allow a small set of
applications (those that you are interested in) to run is the goal.
Let's pretend that I also want some games to run under Wine. However,
the current "quality-less" code that makes these games run, also
breaks MS Office under Wine. Who do you think the Wine developers are
trying to please, me or you? As you can see, that is being selfish,
and completely ignoring the fact that this hackish code prevents other
applications to run. Like you said somewhere else, "Wine's goal is to
allow Windows Applications to run on Linux." That is correct. The goal
is _not_ to allow only _some_ applications to run. You have to think
ahead, and about others when making such claims. If you are not
convinced that quality is important in the code, read some articles on
this site: www.thedailywtf.com

> They just wan't to run their apps. And they wan't do it asap not after waiting 10 years.
You have no right to be so demanding of an Open Source project unless
you are giving money to the developers for their work.

--
()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\  - against HTML mail & vCards