[WINED3D] Pbuffer/ActiveRender cleanup #2

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 07:13:37 CDT 2006

>> When you change wined3d_settings, you should make sure that you update
>> the defaults in wined3d_main.c as well. I know those are currently
>> mismatched, but I've got a patch to clean it up. I'm currently waiting
>> for Alexandre to apply/reject some of the wined3d patches sent over
>> the past couple days before sending it (and some other patches).
> Hmm... yes that is broken - RTL_AUTO will not take effect. I guess it
> broke all the way back when vs_selected, ps_selected things were added
> (probably my fault as well). Other things seem to have been added
> afterwards as well. This patch doesn't make it any more or less
> broken, however.
>
> The reason I forget about defaults, is that I don't need them - this
> value is always initialized at runtime.
> We should also use C99 initializers.
>>
>> I'm not sure if using wined3d_settings is really the right place to
>> store things that don't have a corresponding registry key, but it
>> seems like the best place for now.
> Not sure, but eventually it needs to be made per GPU, just like shader
> capabilities.
> I added it there, because the other "selected" values were there...
I think your concerns about (ab)-use of wined3d_settings are valid, but
better addressed in a followup patch. This one's goal is to break up
ActiveRender, and I think it achieves its purpose for the most part -
existing patterns were followed for everything else [ it never occurred
to me to add the setting anywhere else, since that decision was already
made for ps/vs mode selection].