Recovering a patch accidentally removed by git reset

Jeff Latimer lats at yless4u.com.au
Wed Sep 20 04:54:22 CDT 2006

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

>* On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Jeff L wrote:
>

>>How do you get a patch back that you have managed to remove completely from
>>your system with a
>>git reset HEAD^
>>git reset
>>git checkout patchname ?
>>

>What branch you were on during this?

This was the Origin or Master

>Hmm, old git (1.0.4) can do it by "git rebase origin" here on my stable
>debian box.

Looking at the log the last couple of patches were:

commit 15b46847b0bc4d9bcc2b03d9377ce7342f4da536
Author: James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 13 17:18:23 2006 -0700

    setupapi: Add stubs for SetupOpenLog, SetupCloseLog, and SetupLogError.

commit 7588b669d8331ff64fc3b75cebe40ef518cd0de1
Author: James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 13 14:19:12 2006 -0700

    setupapi: Implement pSetupGetField, with tests.

They still seem to be there so I don't even know if I did delete a patch.

Jeff