Governance revisited

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Wed Sep 20 13:25:28 CDT 2006

Robert Lunnon wrote:

> Which you are entitled to, but my opinion happens to differ.  Whether the wine
> core source has all the patches, (Which it doesn't - many, but not all) isn't
> relevant, it's the process that they go through that I believe could improve.

The way to get your changes in is not to keep questioning the current
process, but to adapt to it.  Try fixing your patches.  Try asking for
guidance.  Try testing them on some other platforms.

Getting feedback isn't always easy, so listen when you get it.

If you don't want to go to the effort required to get your patches into
Alexandre's tree, they're not going to get in themselves.

Mike