Governance revisited (Wineconf report)

Dr J A Gow J.A.Gow at furrybubble.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 05:11:05 CDT 2006

Andreas Mohr wrote:

> And exactly this information should probably be stated in the wine-patches
> subscription welcome mail.
>
> "If for some reason the Wine patches you submit fail to get applied,
> then we'd appreciate you taking the effort of submitting your current patch
> as a new item at bugzilla to help us track your work properly until it's
> fully applied."
>
> Or, for improved visibility, even state this in the footer of every wine-patches mail
> sent (probably bad idea, though).
>
> Oh, and a DNS alias (or preferrably forwarder) bugzilla.winehq.org might be
> useful (after all it's quite common to have that site name, see e.g.
> bugzilla.kernel.org or bugzilla.mozilla.org etc.).

This would be an excellent idea - it would simply highlight the fact that there
is an alternative route to providing visibility for patches that are not
accepted. I must admit I had always thought of bugzilla as a bug-reporting
mechanism and I hadn't thought of using it in this manner: to open a bug
specifically in order to present your own fix!

	John.