Whither msxml?

Vijay Kiran Kamuju infyquest at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 10:17:27 CDT 2006

Hi

our msxml idl flles are not in sync with psdk idl files.
especially it still doesnot have SAX defines.
And XML DSO definitions. (this is a bit compilicated).
As msxml.idl includes xmldso.idl in PSDK headers.
And msxml2.idl defines them in the idl file itself.
As there are some incompatibilities with msxml2 and msxml3 (esp guids)
But in the wine implementation, Mike wnet for a simplified approach
with the msxml idl implementation.
To reuse msxml.idl functionality in msxml2.idl, by including it.
But we should not do that, if we want to support older versions of msxml.
We should redo the idl's first inorder, to get msxml implemented correctly.

Thanks,
VJ