Governance revisited

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Sat Sep 23 10:06:28 CDT 2006

Jim White wrote:

> CodeWeavers Wine version is full of patches that Alexandre won't accept
> for WineHQ. Obvious proof that the Alexandre's policy isn't the only
> way to make a Wine that people value. In fact it proves that the
> WineHQ's patch process is not good enough to make Wine that people
> will pay for, while CodeWeavers' is.

And that is wrong? Wine being Open Source that everybody can download I'm
not sure how you would get many people to pay for it. Packaging alone won't
be a good business model because there are many Linux distributors who will
and do that too for no additional cost.

> Many more leave than stay.  And your rudeness just helps that to happen.
> In case you didn't notice, your entire post was signal free.  If Mike
> is trolling, you've been hooked.

I agree with you that Vitaly's post wat unnecessarily rude and harsh,
especially considering that Bob did submit a bunch of patches no matter
if they were accepted into Wine or not.

Rolf Kalbermatter