Governance revisited

Robert Lunnon bobl at optushome.com.au
Mon Sep 25 08:05:59 CDT 2006

On Saturday 23 September 2006 16:42, Mike McCormack wrote:
> > 	The current process is crippling this project, limiting the developer
> > base and reducing community value. Without some healthy dissent it will
> > never change and get better.  I am a friend of change, a true believer in
> > the process of continuous improvement. I believe one day, the WIne
> > project will value my contribution - even in dissent.
>
> We value your contribution, however it's even more valuable to have
> developers that listen to feedback and fix their broken patches rather
> than just complaining loudly.

Thats not helpful, I'm trying to engage in a discussion on governance, I've
long since given up on trying to argue with the current system, If a patch is
rejected it goes to my local tree.

> Since you know better, how about maintaining your own Wine tree and
> showing us how it's done?
>
> Mike

Self evidently thats what I have to do until some core functionality patches
find their way into WineHQ wine. It's not particularly hard, but it is time
consuming to manage merge conflicts.