Governance revisited (Wineconf report)

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Mon Sep 25 18:09:55 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 00:16, Jeremy White wrote:

> Hmm.  Now I'm worried; I've long thought this would be a Good Idea (TM),
> and yet if you look at the 'live' project site (presumably the project
> this was built for):
>   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc64/
>
> It's pretty clear that it's not getting any use - it's just a mirror
> of the mailing list.

Are you sure about that? Scroll down and take a look at some of the "rejected"
or "changes requested" ones. First you have a status for each patch. You also
have a record of the discussion for each patch. On the other hand the most
recent patch listed there is from March so perhaps they have stopped using
it.

> So clearly the folks on the Linux PPC 64 project didn't feel it was
> worth investing much energy into.

Wouldn't it be better to ask them than to speculate? (query sent)

It may well be that the PPC64 project was merged into the PPC one, which is
seemingly more up to date: <http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/>

Troy Rollo - wine at troy.rollo.name