Governance revisited

jimtabor jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 25 18:50:21 CDT 2006

Hi,
Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

 > How many projects have you ever participated in? Every developers'
 > mailing list
 > of an open source I personally participated in *doesn't guarantee* not
 > only patch
 > acceptance, but even a reply with explanations why the patch has been
 > silently
 > dropped, and it doesn't matter how many maintainers a project has. Why
 > do you
 > request that from Wine, and particularly from Alexandre?
 >
 > Alexandre is not a robot, he is a human. Please take that into account.
Sounds like he need more help.

 > It's a metter of the fact, that if you can't cope with other people's
 > requirements,
 > you can't work in a team.

Every Wine developer needs to read this,
http://www.codeweavers.com/services/ and
http://www.codeweavers.com/services/wine .

It is your job to provide support for this product, I spend money and I
need help, where do
I go?

Are you going to piss me off by telling me to shut up and put up with
the poor support from
this mailing list?

This project needs a course in technical sales support. Good idea for
the next WineConf!

Remember you represent CodeWeavers, start acting like it.
8^D,
James