Governance revisited

jimtabor jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 25 20:55:36 CDT 2006

James Hawkins wrote:
 > On 9/25/06, jimtabor <jimtabor at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
 >

 >> Every Wine developer needs to read this,
 >> http://www.codeweavers.com/services/ and
 >> http://www.codeweavers.com/services/wine .
 >>

 > I'm a Wine developer, and I don't work for codeweavers.  Why should I
 > read that?

You don't need to.

 >> It is your job to provide support for this product, I spend money and I
 >> need help, where do
 >> I go?
 >>

 > It is not my job to provide support for this product.  Even if you're
 > referring to Dmitry and everyone else that works at Codeweavers,
 > you're still wrong.  This is the wine-devel mailing list, and has
 > nothing to do with Codeweavers.  You confuse Crossover Office and Wine
 > as being the same product/project.  Just because they work at
 > Codeweavers, can they not also work on Wine and not have affiliation
 > with Codeweavers?  Of course they can, as can anyone else who has a
 > real job outside of Wine.

NO! You are WRONG, sir! ~and I quote from
http://www.codeweavers.com/services/

"Since 1999, CodeWeavers has been hiring the very best Wine developers.
Chief among these is Alexandre Julliard
<http://www.codeweavers.com/about/people/alexandre/>, the long-time
maintainer of the Wine Project itself. In addition to Alexandre's
prodigious talents, we have consistently hired the very best Wine
resources, recruiting them literally worldwide."

Wine is CO as is CO is Wine! Wine is the heart of CO with out it CW
would not have a product. They get paid for working on Wine to support
CO. Don't you see that?!

 > First, he doesn't represent Codeweavers on the wine-devel mailing
 > list.  Second, there's nothing unprofessional about his actions.

Missed my point! If his address has "name at codewreavers.com", than yes,
that person does represent that organization.

This project is NOT LINUX or X11, it is a paid for add on to it. I pay
good money for support and I expect to get it.

It is shocking to most FOSS code writers that maybe this is a real,
truly, paid for project. "No! It can not be! I contribute to someones
profit? NOOoooooooo~~~!".

Thanks,
James