[D3D9] Update state test framework

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:58:48 CDT 2006

H. Verbeet wrote:
> On 26/09/06, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> change I'm interested in. However, I'm not sure why that would be better
>> - it would accomplish the exact same thing in twice the amount of time.
> Well, there are two things I can think of right away:
>  - It makes thing easier to review
>  - It helps with tracking down regressions
I will make the required changes, as discussed with julliard on IRC.

...but this is really a theoretical argument. This is a framework mostly
written by me to begin with, so the chances of breaking it are
essentially zero. If it does get broken, the damage factor will be very
low - it won't test as well as it used to.

If you want to help prevent regressions, please help write more state
tests using this framework, rather than focusing on unimportant details.
We need more test coverage! In fact, part of the motivation behind the
changes being made is to make the framework a bit easier to understand
and more flexible, so that others can contribute. If you don't like this
framework, feel free to redesign it - but we have a number of obvious
bugs in state management that need fixing, and test verification is the
first step to doing that.

Ivan