start.exe: Implement /D option, add new wine specific feature allowing to specify the shell operation name (resend)

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Wed Sep 27 05:14:54 CDT 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, James Hawkins wrote:
> [...]
> Only submit one fix per patch.  Please read the WineHQ patch
> guidelines: http://winehq.org/site/sending_patches

Well, I will, but i hate to have patches depend one on another.

> Why are you adding a new switch?  This isn't provided by native
> start.exe, so we shouldn't add it.

Because in windows there's a graphical interface that allows access to
shell operations while in wine there isn't one. To implement these from a
native file browser calling some executable is a good solution. As
start.exe provides most of the needed functionality I don't think we
should duplicate all the code just to add a small extra feature.

> --
> James Hawkins

Paul Chitescu