make test failure

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:46:31 CDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> > James Hawkins wrote:

> >> The tests still fail with a clean .wine.
> > Yes, i used an empty .wine too.
> >
> And you guys have windows like "Arial" font? Any test that uses fonts
> will not work if you don't have that font or it's not the same metrics
> as the native one.

I don't really know if I have an Arial like font or not.  Either the
test shouldn't be dependent on a certain font being installed, or we
need a --verbose output in configure saying that certain fonts are
missing.  I have the latest fontforge and freetype installed, pluss
msttcorefonts, etc.  What else do I need?  This is the problem a lot
of users are running into.  We don't know the magic passphrase that
gives us good looking fonts in Wine.  I'm a Wine developer of two
years, and I still don't know exactly what is required.

--
James Hawkins