Patchwork (was Re: Governance revisited)

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Thu Sep 28 07:15:17 CDT 2006

Mike McCormack wrote:
> Ge van Geldorp wrote:
>
>> My objective is to improve Wine by maximizing the number of patches of
>> acceptable quality. In my opinion, this can be done by:
>>
>> 1) assuring no patches get lost
>> 2) assuring an author gets informed about why his patch is not
>> acceptable in
>> its current form so he can improve it.
>
> That sounds good, but it's not reasonable to put the responsibility on
> Alexandre, as he has enough work already.

I have been watching this thread with keen interest.

Alexandre does not HAVE to respond to that patch, he can silently ignore
it just like he can now.

The only difference with Patchwork would be that after a certain time
with no comments and no commits, the
patch would be removed from the queue and the submitter would get an
email warning.

regards,
Jakob Eriksson