str{n}casecmp(): unrecognized identifier

Andrew Talbot Andrew.Talbot at talbotville.com
Sat Sep 30 04:50:27 CDT 2006

Hi,

It seems that, on my [x86_64] system, at least, string.h is not being
included in the files where strcasecmp() or strncasecmp() is used (for
example, in crypt32/oid.c), despite HAVE_STRCASECMP and HAVE_STRNCASECMP
being defined as 1.

I presume, because of the above defines, that just adding

#include <string.h>

... in the affected files would not be a proper fix. I imagine it requires
expert tweaking of the automake setup (or whatever) to ensure that this is
done automatically (if it's not just a fault on my system), in which case I
ask for suitable help, please.

Thanks,

-- Andy.