winecfg and cdrom drives

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:38:53 CDT 2007

On 4/1/07, EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>
> >To: EA Durbin <ead1234 at hotmail.com>
> >CC: wine-devel at winehq.org
> >Subject: Re: winecfg and cdrom drives
> >Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:14:55 -0600

> >their

> >It's not being detected from wineprefixcreate but from explorer. That's
> >where HAL interaction is taking place.
> >
> >Vitaliy.
>
> Does Explorer first need the drives to be created in dosdevices with
> wineprefix in order to detect them properly?

HAL as in HALd/dbus?  So on systems without HALd/dbus (stock Slackware
systems), the CD's will never be autodetected?  Cause I'm having the
same issue, but it's never been much of a bother to me..

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email