[RESEND] regedit: Convert from WCHAR size to maximum required TCHAR size.

Byeong-Sik Jeon wjsqudtlr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:18:33 CDT 2007

Hi,

Currently regedit is not defined "UNICODE".

The point are "max_val_name_len", "valName", "valNameLen".
Not max_val_size, valSize.

RegQueryInfoKey set the "max_val_name_len" to the size of the longest
value name, in characters. This value is not required byte size.

N character string:
==> w/  UNICODE, N WHAR string.
==> w/o UNICODE, N ~ 2N unsigned char string.

Please, test the CJK locale. and See the "IDS_NEWKEY, IDS_NEWVALUE" in
Ja.rc or Ko.rc .
If we create the registry "value name" in the empty registry key,
we can't see any newly created reg value name.

Thanks.