string comparison functions

Tomas Kuliavas tokul at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 5 08:34:06 CDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry for cross posting. I've already asked same question on wine-users
list and only reply redirected me to devel list.

What rules are used when Wine libraries compare Unicode strings? I need to
know when ascii characters can match their approximate Unicode
equivalents. For example: 'U+1D49 MODIFIER LETTER SMALL E' matches 'U+0065
LATIN SMALL LETTER E' on Wine.

I am debugging IE javascript security issues. IE6 on Wine (Linux Debian)
matches more Unicode equivalents than IE6 on Win98 and WinXP. If you need
more information, I can provide sample html that works on Wine and does
not work on Win98/XP.

I am not C/C++ programmer. I only need to know which library provides
mapping of unicode equivalents in string comparison functions. Is it
standard C library? glibc 2.3.6 on Debian Etch.

--
Tomas