Contributing money to WINE?

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:34:26 CDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Lots of folks have thought about how to solve
> the problem, but dealing with money is complicated.
> It'd be better for you to donate time triaging bugs, IMHO.
> ( http://kegel.com/wine/qa/ )
> Just reproduce one bugzilla entry a day for a week, and
> document what you find, and we'd be very happy!

I'm actually in a position to do some of that on paid time...  So I
certainly will.  They'll all be for boring engineering apps, but hey,
a bug's a bug.

Even $8,000 doesn't sound impossible...  In fact, I'm sure that could
be raised in the name of a popular game.  $10,000 didn't turn out to
be too hard a figure to rustle up to buy 8800 cards for the nouveau
folks.  If there are a couple big-name games that are only a few
shared bugs away from working reasonably well, it might be do-able.  I
don't know enough about the bleeding edge state of Wine to know if
that situation might exist somewhere, however.

--tim