[01/10] wined3d: Handle FBO attachments slightly more efficiently

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 05:21:50 CDT 2007

On 09/04/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> Am Montag 09 April 2007 01:53 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> > The idea here is to only update FBO attachments when the FBO is being
> > used to draw to, since apparently binding an incomplete FBO is rather
> > slow.
> >
> > Changelog:
> >   - Handle FBO attachments slightly more efficiently
> Is there a reason why you do not do that in ActivateContext? Without that, you
> will have to take care of things like Clearing, Locking, Blits, etc.

No strong reason, but applying the FBO state should only happen when
clearing or drawing to an offscreen render target. Blitting and
Locking doesn't apply for FBOs because that should just work with the
texture. It appears a bit hard to detect that in ActivateContext,
mainly because IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Clear calls ActivateContext with
CTXUSAGE_RESOURCELOAD rather than CTXUSAGE_DRAWPRIM (should it?).

Either way though, I'd rather change that after this gets applied, to
avoid breaking too much at once.