Is Wine a platform for Codeweaver to make money?! Please help me understand.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Apr 9 05:46:42 CDT 2007

> You can install multiple Wine installations, a crossover install
> and a cedega install on the same machine without problems (though
> it's some time ago that I verified it for the later two).
Yes, this is supposed to work(CrossOver and Wine at least). But note, that
running "wine" on the command line does never run crossover. The main way to
run something with Crossover is to install it using the installation wizard,
then use the menu entries created to run it. You can also run something
manually using ~/cxoffice/bin/wine or /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine, whereever
crossover is installed.

I don't know how this works with cedega, but I'd be really surprised if you
can't install cedega additionally.