Is Wine a platform for Codeweaver to make money?! Please help me understand.

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Tue Apr 10 07:28:08 CDT 2007

Thanks.  I'll try it out first with CrossOver and Wine and some older
Windows-based stuff I've got.

Wesley Parish

On Monday 09 April 2007 22:46, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> > You can install multiple Wine installations, a crossover install
> > and a cedega install on the same machine without problems (though
> > it's some time ago that I verified it for the later two).
>
> Yes, this is supposed to work(CrossOver and Wine at least). But note, that
> running "wine" on the command line does never run crossover. The main way
> to run something with Crossover is to install it using the installation
> wizard, then use the menu entries created to run it. You can also run
> something manually using ~/cxoffice/bin/wine or /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine,
> whereever crossover is installed.
>
> I don't know how this works with cedega, but I'd be really surprised if you
> can't install cedega additionally.

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?