Patches / a proposal for the mystic DIB engine

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:46:10 CDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Matt Finnicum <mattfinn at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a returning GSoC student, I had asked about this last year:
>
> It's primarily the student's responsibility to work out the conflicts,
> but it'd be best for you two to talk to one another. The student's
> obligation is do do what they said they would, so if you complete
> their proposal for them it doesn't count as them doing it - they'd
> have to write an implementation of their own, even if it wasn't
> accepted, which would be a waste.
>
> However, as long as their mentor is fine with it, it's acceptable to
> modify their goals - so perhaps they can add more features or
> otherwise produce a better DIB engine by working with you and the code
> you've written. If the mentor thinks they've done enough work over the
> summer, they'll be paid - even if it's different than what they
> originally proposed.
>
> --Matt Finnicum
>
> On 4/11/07, Felix Nawothnig <flexo at holycrap.org> wrote:
> > Oops. Forgot the patches. Here they are.
> >
> > And the very second I sent the last E-Mail the DIB engine work got
> > accepted as a SoC project (by someone else)... I've no idea what this
> > means to me. Someone clarify please. :)

That'd be me apparently.

Where did you send the patches? Maybe wine-patches? I haven't seen it
yet. Honestly there have been attempts before to start the DIB engine
and I've seen them already. I don't think it will affect what I do, as
nothing has really been accepted yet. But I suggest you find out who
my mentor is and show it to him first. See if what you have done can
somehow be worked into the mentoring process (hopefully it's good
enough :D). I think it's early enough to work it out.

Jesse