Removal of unused audio drivers

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:41:29 CDT 2007

Christoph Frick schreef:
> why do you compile the drivers in - or why do have the files around for
> them? my audio dialog just shows oss and alsa; the others get dropped at
> compile time. also there might be other platforms that have to use those
> audio drivers - why drop something that works?
I was just proposing to remove it to see how many people would really
need it. If it's used it won't be removed, if nobody objects it means
it's just a choice too many.

>From what I can tell there are thus still some people using esound, so
I guess it's safe to keep it.

Nas however doesn't seem to be really used, so I'm thinking of either
removing it or disabling it in winecfg. Most distributions include wine
with all drivers, and I personally think it's not wise to have 30
seconds delay in winecfg.

Maarten