Wine vs. Cedega in Benchmarks

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Apr 12 09:42:17 CDT 2007

> Nvidia SDK D3D Demos?
> Nvidia SDK OpenGL Demos?
I don't think SDK demos are good performance benchmarks for overall
performance. They can find bottlenecks, but not predict how good something is
for games.

They could show which features work in Wine / Cedega, but I think that would
be unfair to Cedega, because I assume that Transgaming is putting efforts
into real games, not SDK demos. And in the end, the average user plays games
instead of running sdk demos all the day. So if Cedega fails in all sdk demos
that doesn't make it any worse for users.