Wine vs. Cedega in Benchmarks

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Thu Apr 12 13:33:04 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag 12 April 2007 17:01 schrieb Tom Wickline:
> On 4/12/07, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> > I guess some hl2 timedemos may be good too
>
> Was this what you had in mind? :
> http://www.hocbench.com/hl2.html
I don't think we need anything that complex really. I think just a normal
timedemo will be enough, at recorded resolution, dxlevel and settings. I have
some recorded for my personal comparions, you may use them if you want to,
but you can of course record your own or fetch some from gaming magazines if
they are free to use.

http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/%7Ee0526822/breen.dem.bz2
http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/%7Ee0526822/mydemo.dem.bz2

Both have the problem that they do not render any water - Thus you may want to
record another demo in some d1_canals_XX maps. But if you can get a
publically available timedemo which was recorded for testing with windows
without Linux in mind it may be best I guess.