Request for small bit of mentoring

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:44:58 CDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Briareos <auronsrv at gmx.net> wrote:
> Am Montag, 16. April 2007 22:35 schrieb Tom Spear:
> > I found a small bug in the uninstaller program, and would like to
> > write the fix myself.  I have a working copy in my local tree, but it
> > duplicates code.
> >
> > Basically I found that uninstaller does not scan the uninstall
> > registry entry of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  I took lines 196-197 and
> > duplicated that, changing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and
> > then did the same for lines 210-228.  I would like to get down to a
> > smaller linecount, but I would like to do the patch myself, so I would
> > appreciate some assistance in figuring out how.  Could someone email
> > me privately to help?
>
> Are you by chance talking about Steam?

No im talking about the wine uninstaller program.  From the command
line, type uninstaller.

It's located in wine/programs/uninstaller..

It's wine's version of the Add/Remove Programs control panel applet.

By the way, in case anyone wants to review it to offer comment, the
patch is attached.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email