Better support for IL-2 Sturmovik

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Tue Apr 17 03:01:02 CDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 07:44:19PM +0200, Briareos wrote:

hi,

> The first thing I want to go for is the networking support, which does not
> work at all.

just for the files - i played this game already on a lan-partey some
_very_ long time ago. the no longer working network in that game is a
regression. you might come to a quicker solution for this problem by
bisecting into the year 2006 (first quarter). i am absolutely not sure,
when the network broke because we have our office sim lans more or less
anually.

> Maybe here somebody might also be interested in providing better
> support for this game and even wants to cooperate with me in the
> development.

to my knowledge there are currently two problems with this game. the
first one is the network and the second one is the hardwareware shaders
sooner or later kill the game (bug was introduces some time ago, then
went away and now is there again). other than that it works quite
perfect.

--
cu