[1/2] Extend the testing framework to include IDL files and RPC clients (take 2)

Dan Hipschman dsh at linux.ucla.edu
Fri Apr 20 12:29:31 CDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:41:16AM +0200, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Dan Hipschman <dsh at linux.ucla.edu> writes:
>
> > This extends the testing framework to allow for tests that need IDL
> > files and RPC clients.  It's the same as the last attempt, but I've
> > removed two little development artifacts that slipped in last time,
> > I fixed an indentation glitch, fixed one more thing in the Makefile
> > so "make depend" works for ClientMakefile as well, and I separated
> > the first test case from the infrastructure change (see next patch).
>
> That's very ugly; you shouldn't need any of that stuff, especially not
> a separate makefile. You should put everything in the same exe, and
> differentiate server and client through command line arguments, the
> way the process test does it.

Well, I tried to make it as pretty as possible.  The problem is that the
client and server code won't link together.  For each function, there's
the implementation and the stub, both with the same name.  To get both
into the same executable, I'd have to do some sort of renaming hack,
either with the preprocessor or something like sed.  The reason I like
two makefiles better is that messing with the output of widl weakens the
test.  I can take a second look at that approach, though, or look for an
entirely different way if you really hate having two makefiles/exes.