dsound: Make sure we're holding the lock on Drop And Stop , try 2

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Sat Apr 21 11:23:05 CDT 2007

Maarten Lankhorst schrieb:
> Peter Beutner schreef:
>> ok that makes sense. Definitely something wrong in dsound.
>>
>> But I still think that ALSA_DestroyRingMessage should signal any message left
>> in the queue. Imo it just calls for trouble to expect that messages always
>> are added in the right order.
> DestroyRingMessage is called in methods or functions similar to free().
> If you still use the interface/driver then you shouldn't call free(). If
> you do then that's not a bug in the driver but in your code. So no..
So we expect every application out there to be bug free? :p
It is exactly the same thing you do with your FORCE_SHUTDOWN proposal. Even
if the application does something stupid we want to make sure that we
can cleanup and exit properly.
I would rather see a big fat error message than a deadlocked application.
But the chance that something happens here is relative small anyway so it's
probably not worth fighting for it.