Winscard support (for smart cards)

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Apr 25 13:19:25 CDT 2007

* On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 mounir.idrassi at idrix.Fr wrote:
> For the need of one of our projects, we are currently developing this
> dll for wine under Linux based on the pcsc-lite library.

Cool.

> Once done, we'll share it with the community.

Nice, but IMHO it would be best for the community if you will start doing
this immediatelly, not once done.  Otherwise you would probably step in a
shoes of Transgaming' or Codeweavers' guys, patches from which src trees
will have a somwhat hard way into Wine tree.

> However, we would like to known the reason behind the lack of winscard
> support. Is it simply because no one needed it before or maybe there is
> an issue with the pcsc-lite license? Thanks in advance for your
> information.

IANAL, but if it's of BSD license, then that isn't an issue, AFAIK.