msvcp60 and bug 7679

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 28 03:19:36 CDT 2007

Tom Spear a écrit :
> On 4/26/07, Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> use the pass command in winedbg instead of c (cont)
>> (or rtfm)
> Haha, but I already tried that, which is why I said I'm hitting a
> wall..  I know pass is supposed to go around it, but when I do pass,
> it just prints the same thing it printed before.  I even tried pass
> about 40 times in a row to make sure it wasnt just rerunning that
> function, and still no luck.  I'll see what a +dbghelp trace gives me
> tho since Louis was able to get it working with native dbghelp.

the program can call IsBadReadPtr 200 times and you'll get that behavior
what you need to know is whereas the several exceptions in IsBadReadPtr
you get are the same call (what you seem to say), or consecutive calls
(in which case you'll have to find how many times you need to pass
before the behavior changes)

A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)