Closing bugs in bugzilla

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sat Apr 28 16:48:32 CDT 2007

James Hawkins wrote:
> On 4/28/07, Ben Hodgetts <ben at atomnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>> > Can anyone explain why do we need to change severity when closing bugs?
>> > This makes severity totally useless. We might as well reset all
>> severity
>> > to normal and remove it from the bugzilla.

>> It doesn't change it itself, the closer does it. If I close a bug then I
>> also change the severity but only if it was wrong initially (so people
>> can look back a closed bugs and still have them with what severity they
>> really should be).
>>

> I'm pretty sure that's not what Vitaliy meant.  He's questioning why
> the person who closes the bug also changes the severity.

Correct that is exactly what I am asking. It seems that every time some
one goes into a "frenzy" of touching big number of bugs at the same
time, they are not available on the IRC, don't respond to e-mails. Nor
did they discussed the matter on the wine-devel or any other
communication channels.

My question is why change severity of the bug _after_ it was resolved?

Can we make a policy that whenever any one wants to do a wholesale
change on Bugzilla discuss the matter with other people involved? So at
least they will know what's going on and why.

Vitaliy