#1 winhttp: Forward WinHttpTime{From, To}SystemTime to their counterparts in wininet.

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Thu Aug 2 13:56:52 CDT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 20:19:52 Robert Shearman wrote:

> We shouldn't be implementing winhttp on top of wininet as there are
> functions such as WinHttpSetCredentials
> (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa384112.aspx) that can't be
> implemented on top of wininet functions.

Why not? Could it not add the required headers to the request?

> There are also issues with different error codes being returned as well
> as different callbacks
> (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383917.aspx).

Well, error codes can be translated in wrappers and WINHTTP_STATUS_CALLBACK
has the same prototype as INTERNET_STATUS_CALLBACK, although it's not called
for the same set of events.

We should be able to implement more than 95% of this dll by wrapping/forwarding
to wininet. That's better than many other dlls in Wine and we're already seeing
regressions in apps trying to use our stub winhttp.

 -Hans