Patch: VarWeekdayName

Jiří Paleček jpalecek at web.de
Thu Aug 2 18:38:50 CDT 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:06:44 +0200, Juan Lang <juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thank you. Hope it will be better this time. Also, I'll send a test
>> if this is OK.
>
> This one looks pretty good to me, but I have one error and a few nits
> to correct:
>
> The error:
> +  {
> +    ERR("GetLocaleInfo of 0x%x failed in 2nd stage?!\n", localeValue);
> +    SysFreeString(*pbstrOut);
>
> You should set *pbstrOut to NULL in this case.

OK. However, note that this was copy&pasted, so there are more instances
of this error in wine. It could be somehow automated (like having a macro
for these disposing functions which will also set the pointer to NULL).

> The nits:
> You have a couple small errors in the comments:
> - You misspell iWeekday
> - The comment for iWeekday in the params section implies 0 is allowed,
> but the first check in the function disallows it.

This is the problem the misspelled comment is about, MSDN also suggest
0 for weekday is OK, however, disassemble showed it isn't on Win XP.

> Attaching a test with the patch would certainly help.

I'm sending it to wine-patches.

Regards
     Jiri Palecek